See below for our most recent seminar. The seminars are streamed live to our YouTube channel and then archived. Refreshments are served for those in attendance. All lectures, unless otherwise noted, are held in the Shelby Auditorium on the Dauphin Island Sea Lab campus.
- Friday, August 23. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Jim Stoeckel (Host: Bill Walton) Physiological and Engineering Approaches to Crustacean Conservation Ecology as Illustrated by Freshwater Crayfish – Some of Which Live Underground.
- Friday, August 30. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - TBA
- Friday, September 6. 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Robert Moorhead (Host: John Valentine) Northern Gulf Institute Director to discuss institute goals and collaboration opportunities.
- Friday, September 13. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Alan Wilson (Host: Alison Robertson) Consequences of nutrient enrichment and herbivore adaptation for phytoplankton in lakes.
- Monday, September 16. 4 p.m., USA Campus - Carlos Mena (Host: Sean Powers) The Galapagos Science Center.
- Friday, September 20. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - TBA
- Friday, September 27. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Graduate student presentations of joint FDA/DISL projects.
- Friday, October 4. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Naohiro Kato (Host: Ruth Carmichael) The development of biodegradable mardi-gras beads.
- Friday, October 18. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Graduate student presentations of joint FDA/DISL projects.
- Thursday, October 24. 12 p.m. USA Campus - Adrian Marchetti (Host: Sean Powers) Research opportunities in the Galapagos.
- Friday, November 1. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. - Nils Volkenborn (Host: Kelly Dorgan)